I have been in the IT industry for more than 25 years, and have done everything from building/repairing computers, technical support, architecting networks, managing a WAN of 37 satellite offices, designing/building/maintaining multiple websites, and managing all things IT for a startup. Technology has been a passion of mine since I was eleven years old; taking anything electronic apart in order to find out how it worked, or fix something broken, or modify it to do something other than what it was intended for.
I love to learn, and have spent my career teaching myself everything I needed when I needed it. If I don't know how to do something that I need to do, I will learn, and quickly.
I have worked in both state government and private industry. I built computers to order in the early 90's, Visual Basic and MSAccess applications in the late 90's and early 2000's, and have moved on to building robust SaaS applications for small businesses since 2002. I love to create solutions to problems, and have found that no problem is unsolvable. The solution may be hidden, or counter-intuitive, but it is always there somewhere. The best solutions are the ones that make a system or process more efficient or meets a need more elegantly than what was first thought possible.
Challenges are meant to be daunting. If it isn't daunting, then it isn't a challenge.
Over 15 years, this company had many names, and I developed many SaaS applications for each. I developed strategies for business applications in niche markets, developing said applications and delivering outstanding results in compressed timelines. Partner with CEO to get agreement on strategic direction for technology roadmaps and consensus on project priority. Decipher CEO’s requests for new services or updates, and implement them quickly and effectively. Acquire or architect, and implement, all business applications and support platforms for company. Coach and develop IT, and secondary support/training staff, to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with company products and support. Serve as lead developer and project manager, when working with third party contract developers or companies to guarantee desired outcome.
● Project Lead and Lead developer for white-labeling our flagship application Sendmeafriend, for Hyundai USA as HyundaiFriends.com
● Managed and migrated sites and services on multiple servers/services over the years. Beginning on a VPS, then to Dedicated Linux(CENTOS), and finally to AWS EC2 Ubuntu/ AmazonLinux and RDS instances, as well as Elastic Beanstalk.Managed and migrated sites and services on multiple servers/services over the years. Beginning on a VPS, then to Dedicated Linux(CENTOS), and finally to AWS EC2 Ubuntu/ AmazonLinux and RDS instances, as well as Elastic Beanstalk.
● Managed various email servers/services and eventually migrated to Google Apps for Work (GSuite)
Providing technical support and assist IT director in maintenance and administration of the Windows NT/2000 LAN/WAN, as well as the eight other satellite dealerships. Build and maintain custom in-house applications and intranet services for all of the Little Rock/North Little Rock dealerships within the company (MSAccess/ColdFusion).
- Took ownership of the Coldfusion driven Helpdesk website, continually adding functionality and shortening the support team’s response time, as well as building a history of issue/resolution documentation.
- Added functionality to Helpdesk application that notified support team of new ticket via pager and text messaging.
- Added ticket status update email functionality to Helpdesk application.
- Built VBScripts to easily rollout updates within the multiple dealerships, dramatically cutting the amount of time the support team spent during major update periods.
Co-founded JCL Technologies for the purpose of developing and selling the MyCarSystem, an application used by collision repair centers to give their customers process updates for the repair of their vehicles.
Administration of Windows NT/2000 LAN with 70 + engineering and support users, within a larger WAN of over 3000 users. Administration and maintenance of MS SQL server, IIS, GIS database server, and all users’ desktops. I maintained a backup regimen including all 9 servers in mission critical positions, and various mission critical users’ desktops. Maintained and updated all desktops, and performed preventive maintenance as well as repair and replacements. Managed an inventory database of all computers, printers and user information.
Administration of a LAN/WAN of 54 satellite Offices on an NT domain with 550 + Windows NT users, and Exchange accounts. Administration and maintenance of all SQL servers, NT Terminal Servers, an SNA Server, IIS, in a server farm of 9 machines, and all in-house software. Determine and design individual satellite office network needs. Research and analysis of software and hardware for departmental use. Determine agency, and user needs and create software if needed. Instruct users in the use of and maintenance of all new hardware, and software.
- Developed a Visual Basic windows application for uploading and storing offender pictures for identification purposes, and integrated application with an in-house MSAccess application used for offender information tracking.
- Redesigned network infrastructure and lead implementation/installation team.
- Moved IT infrastructure from the 3rd floor of the building to the 2nd floor, and accomplished the move with minimal downtime, and no interruption to the users.
Member of IEEE