Michael D. McCulley
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Hi! My name is Michael D. McCulley. I am an IT Manager for a SAAS company in Round Rock, TX.
I have been in the IT industry for more than 20 years. I have done everything from building/repairing computers, technical support, architecting networks, managing a WAN of 37 satellite offices, and designing/building/maintaining multiple websites.
My personal philosophy is that there is nothing I can’t learn, and nothing I can’t fix or build. If I don’t know how it works, I will. If I don’t know how to fix it, I will. My biggest fault is that I don’t know what I don’t know, so I am constantly trying to learn more than I currently know.
IT professional with 20+ years experience
- 20+ years delivering results in governmental and private sector industries
- Systems and Network Administration (Windows/Linux/AWS)
- Application/Database/Website Design
- Linux (Various Distros) / Windows (3 – 8.1) / Mac (10.x)
IT Manager, Brophy Development Systems, Inc / Send Me A Friend, LLC
Round Rock, TX — 2005-Present
Develop the strategy for business applications in niche markets, developing said applications and delivering outstanding results in compressed timelines. Partner with CEO to get agreement on the strategic direction for technology roadmaps and consensus on project priority. Decipher CEO’s requests for new services or updates, and implement them quickly and effectively. Acquire or architect, and implement, all business applications and support platforms for the company. Coach and develop IT, and secondary support/training staff, to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with company products and support. Serve as lead developer, or project manager, when working with third party contract developers or companies to guarantee the desired outcome.
- Managed and migrated sites and services on multiple servers over the years. Beginning on a VPS, then to Dedicated Linux(CENTOS), then eventually to AWS EC2 and RDS instances.
- Managed various email servers and eventually migrated to Google Apps for Work
CTO/Co-owner, JCL Technologies
Little Rock, AR — 2002-2005
Co-founded JCL Technologies for the purpose of developing and selling the MyCarSystem. An application used by collision repair centers to give their customers process updates for the repair of their vehicles.
Asbury Automotive Group, Assistant Network Administrator/Technical Support
Little Rock, AR — 2005-2006
Providing technical support and assist IT director in maintenance and administration of the Windows NT/2000 LAN/WAN, as well as the eight other satellite dealerships. Build and maintain custom in-house applications and intranet services for all of the Little Rock/North Little Rock dealerships within the company (MSAccess/ColdFusion).
- Took ownership of the Coldfusion driven Helpdesk website, continually adding functionality and shortening the support team’s response time, as well as building a history of issue/resolution documentation.
- Added functionality to Helpdesk application that notified support team of a new ticket via pager and text messaging.
- Added ticket status update email functionality to Helpdesk application.
- Built VBScripts to easily roll out updates within the multiple dealerships, dramatically cutting the amount of time the support team spent during major update periods.
Arkansas Dept. of Health, Network Administrator/Systems Analyst
Little Rock, AR — 2001-2004
Administration of Windows NT/2000 LAN with 70 + engineering and support users, within a larger WAN of over 3000 users. Administration and maintenance of MS SQL server, IIS, GIS database server, and all users’ desktops. I maintained a backup regimen including all 9 servers in mission-critical positions, and various mission critical users’ desktops. Maintained and updated all desktops, and performed preventive maintenance as well as repair and replacements. Managed an inventory database of all computers, printers, and user information.
AR Dept. Community Corrections, Senior Programmer/ Network Admin.
Little Rock, AR — 1997-2001
Administration of a LAN/WAN of 54 satellite Offices on an NT domain with 550 + Windows NT users and Exchange accounts. Administration and maintenance of all SQL servers, NT Terminal Servers, an SNA Server, IIS, in a server farm of 9 machines, and all in-house software. Determine and design individual satellite office network needs. Research and analysis of software and hardware for departmental use. Determine agency and user needs and create software if needed. Instruct users in the use of and maintenance of all new hardware, and software.
- Developed a Visual Basic windows application for uploading and storing offender pictures for identification purposes, and integrated application with an in-house MSAccess application used for offender information tracking.
- Redesigned network infrastructure and lead implementation/installation team.
- Moved IT infrastructure from the 3rd floor of the building to the 2nd floor, and accomplished the move with minimal downtime, and no interruption to the users.